Tuesday, 31 December 2013

End of year....... Beginning of the New!!!


Ooh these end of year posts can be a bit long winded and you know how much I like to rattle on so I am going to try and keep this one as short as I can :)

I have had quite the ride this year it has been one whirlwind of goodness after another I can tell you.

I chose the word 'Happy' to carry me through the year and could not have begun to believe what that word would bring to my table.

I am super grateful for all the opportunities given to me in 2013, for the people who have loved and supported me through the year and for those who have lifted my spirits when I was down.

I have had a year of surprises and honest truths and 2013 has left me feeling tired but happy and looking forward to the future and what it may bring.

So what about 2014?

Well I already have a lot of 'set in stone' projects and plans for the first half of the year and after that? Who knows? I am looking forward to finding out :)

As for my 'word of the year' for 2014 well that's been tougher than I thought it would be to choose. 
The word 'Happy' is now my 'forever word' and one to live my life by so that's all good there. 

For 2014 though  I am choosing the word 'FUN' because although 2013 brought me a lot of happiness within my work I feel I missed out on the 'fun' of it all and I need to remind myself that although this art thing I do is now my work/job I still have to have 'Fun' doing it for me to continue to be happy. So 'FUN' it is!!! :)

I do love the 'word of the year' thing so please, pretty please leave me a comment and tell me your's too!!!

Happy New Year to you all, I hope you all achieve your hopes and dreams for 2014

Micki x x



26 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful 2014 Micki, you do deserve all the recent success xx My word? 'Forward', i.e. don't look back! xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2014 Micki!!! ;o) All the best ;o) Fun and Happy are great words ;o) For me this year, I think the word is change ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Stacey, I hope you get the change you need x

      Delete
  3. Happy new year. My word is calm, I have been quite stressed the last couple of years and I would like to feel calm this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!!! Calm is a great word, I hope you manage to achieve it x x

      Delete
  4. Dear Micki, I am Happy for you that this year has been a great year for you. It is a great word FUN! yes, art without fun sounds like strict J O B. Wishing you FUN comes to reality. My word for 2014 is Re-birth . This word was one of the AJ pages in Wild and Free. It impacted me deeply. I need to re-birth, and also let my light shine! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous Mavi, Re-birth is awesome, I'm so glad my class brought you to the word you needed!!! I hope it brings you everything you desire from it x x

      Delete
  5. Hi Micki,
    Happy and Fun New Year to you. My word is FOCUS. I get distracted by anything arty and glittery and forget to do what I'm supposed to do...so this year I'm going to Focus on my goal.
    Wishing you lots of Fun and Nonsense... Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!!! Focus is a great word.....ooh shiny....I need more focus at times too ;)
      I hope you reach your goals and exceed all your expectations. x x

      Delete
  6. Loved catching up on your posts Micki! I hope your 2014 will be FUN filled! I haven't settled on a word right now, but will be working towards following my heart and being true to me - so perhaps a concept more than a word will fit for 2014 - but that could change in the next day or two. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I need to do a proper catch up on your blog too. I hope you have a happy and healthy 2014 x x

      Delete
  7. Well, actually my word for the year this year is two words, Letting GO!!!

    I'm looking to next week's lesson in LB with you!

    Wishing you lots of FUN in 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letting go is great, I hope you manage to achieve all your dreams for 2014 x

      Delete
  8. So funny - I did my post yesterday and my word is Fun too. Thinking I need to add Play into the mix as well. I'm a very serious Capricorn and I am a perfectionist so I need to learn to relax and have fun a little more. Excited to see where 2014 takes me after so many lessons in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!!!! we'll be having fun together this year :) I hope all the fun you wish for is brought your way in 2014 x x

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year Micki, wishing you a fun filled year. I wanted a light bright word too, so I am thinking of JOY, but also RELEASE is floating about too, I know I can release joy, so I am still pondering x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Both great words Tracey.....The right one for you will come!!

      I hope you have a wonderful 2014 x x

      Delete
  10. How spooky! I have been thinking of the word "FUN" for a couple of weeks now, as my art has been quite blocked lately! Another word is "FRIVOLITY", just because I like the sound of it! :))
    I wish you a FUN and FRIVOLOUS New Year, Micki - thanks for the fab class. I look forward to taking more of your classes in the future! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frivolity is such a fun word, just saying it made me smile :)

      Thanks for taking a class with me Lindsay and I wish you an awesome 2014 x x

      Delete
  11. Micki Happy New Year, loving the site. My words are Attention to Detail this year looking forward to taking a stroll around your site and doing your workshop on Life Book. Blessings for the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda and Happy New Year to you x
      I hope you have lots of fun in Life Book x x

      Delete
  12. Hi Micki I am hoping I can get to do one of your classes this year. I love your work. My word I think will be Grateful but I also want to have the word Play as I need more of that in my work xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great words, i hope they bring you everything you want and need x x

      Delete
  13. Happy new year Micki, I hope 2014 brings you all your hopes and dreams!
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess and you too my sweet x x

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, your comments make me smile :o)