Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Change is good for the soul


It most definitely is a time for change, I will be taking the next couple of weeks off from blogging while I get some things sorted out.

The first change has been done this morning, I got rid of my facebook account's, I have neither the time or the inclination to carry on with them and I don't like to do something unless my heart is in it, my heart is most definitely not in it where facebook is concerned, I was much happier before signing up a few months back and it was quite freeing to hit the delete button this morning ;o)

Now all I have to do is sort out my art room.....it seriously needs some time thinking out how I do things and where the best place for my 'stuff' should be to make it easier to work in.
It's something that's been bugging me all winter but I didn't have the urge to get on with it and do it.
It's not something that can be done quickly and needs lots of thought.
Now it's spring and sunny (even if a bit cold still) I have an urge to make things better in my small arty room and hope it will help towards making my art flow easier.

So for now I say goodbye, but watch this space, before you've had chance to miss me.......I will be back ;o)

X

My etsy shop will be staying open and the sale I have on at the moment will continue for a couple of weeks (or until everything has sold lol)

18 comments:

  1. Good luck with clearing out :( A change is good for the soul!! I have no idea why im on Facebook either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good luck with it all Micki, you constantly amaze me with your tireless energy. I bet your art studio will look fab when it's done. Will await the next episode xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you. I don't really use my facebook that much and am amazed at the number of people who post there multiple times a day. My art space is in need of a good spring cleaning which I plan to do little by little until tax season is over. We should share the metamorphosis of our spaces. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but I miss you already! ;o)
    I've only just changed to a Facebook Fan-page but so far I can't see how it's any better than my ordinary one I had. I can't see people's updates in a newsfeed...unless I'm doing it wrong of course!
    It must be so freeing to delete them. I'm too scared of doing that at the moment, I'll see how it goes!
    This sunny weather brings a feeling of renewal and sorting doesn't it? Good luck with yours, I hope when you return, we get a peep at what you've been doing. :) See you then!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally see where you are coming from I carnt stand face book im on twitter simply to advertise new work ........... there is nothing better than a good spring clean clears the mind and soul have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not on Facebook and don't have any plans to do so. Big time waster! Have fun on your time off and enjoy the process of reorganizing your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun cleaning!!
    Nothing like spring for a clean up.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun ;o) You will be missed, but I understand ;o) I am not on facebook or twitter. I want to paint! Not type all day ;o) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, a fresh tidy up for fresh ideas!
    I never was a fan of Facebook either....quite freeing to not wonder or worry about checking in there, too.

    I know you'll be back with all kinds of goodies to show us!
    Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never had a Facebook account, I really don't like the way it works and I understand your decision to leave. Heck, I aplaud it! When a possibility turns into an obligation, it's time to rethink things. I hope your spring cleaning will be fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck dear Micki! I hope my package arrives one of these days soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Micki good luck with the re-do of your art room. We have extra bedrooms in our house and I was occupying 2 of them (one for an "office" and one for my art room) After deciding we needed an extra guest room, I condensed into one larger room which FORCED me to clean up and re-organize. It definitely makes a difference. I'm so with you on FB - I deleted my account months ago and never looked back! See you when you get back ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. wishing you a wonderful time away~

    ReplyDelete
  14. We'll miss you but wee understand! I have a blog I have never had a facebook! And I'm OK with that! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy the break from blogging! I too am not on facebook, and was thrilled to see so many comments said the same thing. Enjoy your time... "see" you in a while.
    XOXO Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for letting me know about the emails....I'm dealing with Yahoo now.
    I'm so sorry!
    ...and yes, that's downright creepy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Cam, the hacking of your account is not your fault sweetie, I hope you get it sorted soon x

      Delete
  17. Good luck with getting things sorted out! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for when to visit next :) Hugs, Lauren

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, your comments make me smile :o)